I’ve tried to write this post maybe… 15 times now. It’s possible that my daughter is programmed to wake to the sound of typing – so I must write quickly if I ever want to blog again!
The past few months have been busy, to say the least, and more stressful that I predicted. Day-to-day maternity leave is repetitive, but overall it’s nice to have time off to spend with my daughter as she flies through her first year of life. At four months, she’s nearly doubled in size and is busier than ever!
I’ve spent a lot of time in the past months just floundering through life without a purpose.
It’s really hard to explain to someone who hasn’t recently had a baby – because established Moms develop a strange kind of newborn amnesia. I search for other bloggers who write about their lives with new babies, but mostly I find “oh my gosh I am so in love” or “I have to go back to work at 3 months postpartum!” (sorry to those moms in the second category).
Let’s suffice it to say that I would like to fill a bit of that gap – but I also have about a dozen other things on my mind that I would love to blog about. MY BRAIN IS FILLED WITH IDEAS – I just haven’t had the time (or energy) to type them out.
So why blog about my inability to focus and find time to write blog posts? Isn’t that just a waste of time? Probably – yes – but I am also seeking something that helps make all of my plans/goals/dreams achievable:
Which leads to…
I need to get some Mo’ behind my blogging because I have a lot to share, including the following:
- New and improved Greer Family Garden – it’s enormous and we’re already harvesting beet greens, lettuce, and green onions! It’s only a matter of time before I pull out the ol’ pickle canner.
- Running tips and hints – I’m back on the running train (that makes no sense, who would run on a train?) and I have tips and inspiration to share. Follow my ride to my fourth half marathon!
- Baby product reviews – I must share some of my new Mom knowledge before the amnesia sets in. How else will I remember that the Ergo baby carrier is a lifesaver, while the Bumbo seat is pointless crap? (I know, it seems so obvious!). Also, I’ve got to share my newfound kijiji mastery. Aw yea!
- New DIYs – I need to get my hands on some paint and a piece of used furniture… but in the meantime, you can check out my newest addiction (it’s SkillShare) and all the inspired messes I’ve come up with!
- Summer adventures in Prince Edward Island – I continue to forget that I live in one of the most beautiful summer destinations in Canada. We’ve been hitting up the beaches, quaint country towns, and even a goat farm! If you’ve been craving a little PEI pleasure, I’d be happy to have you along!
So I have lots to share! And I’m starting to feel that momentum beneath my fingertips!
It’s been great catching up; let’s shake off the cobwebs and continue on like old friends!