Hi folks –
I’ve made some great progress on the amigurumi elephant project that I started this weekend. I’ve finished the body, attached safety eyes (and double tested them for strength – these things are strong), and added two ears. The only part that remains is a round patch to complete the belly.
This pattern came together very quickly and I loved picking up each appendage from the main body instead of creating 5 additional cylinders to attach. The shape body has turned out to be charmingly robust – a perfect fit for an elephant.
I can’t wait to share the complete project, but I have a feeling it will hit the back burner as soon as I complete the crochet patch. You see – I can’t stand sewing. I dread it more than anything – it’s frustrating and I always worry that my stitching isn’t strong enough. I think I’ll do a little research to see if I can find a better technique this time around. I’ll be sure to post anything useful here on the blog along with the final product.
I really recommend checking out the pattern for this project at Petite Maille – the instructions are in French, but the images are pretty helpful. I can read French, but I also used this chart as a guide. Also, check out my original source of inspiration at All About Ami.