So today… I’ve sat down to write a blog post at least 10 times…
And guess what – my procrastination instinct kicked in every time!
I think it’s because I don’t have deadlines these days. My brain seems to crave the thrill of putting things off – there really is a certain thrill that comes with pushing things off until the last minute and then just racing through them like you’re being chased by a hungry bear.
So here’s a list of the many things that I did to procrastinate today. (enjoy):
- ate oatmeal while browsing through new facebook updates
- talked to my cat about her plans for the day
- started to get my laundry together, but failed to put it in the machine
- went to work (actually a pretty valid excuse)
- had lunch with the bf
- took an extra long wander through the biology department to look at plants and stuffed birds
- watched Criminal Minds
- set the table for dinner
- watched Touch (and bawled my eyes out… seriously)
- texted my friend. A lot.
- enjoyed an entire cup of tea while reading through several days of the Charade Make Your Life Amazing 2012 series (kind of upset that I didn’t follow along with this during January!) and LifeHack’s Forward15 article.
Actually a pretty decent day ;)
How do you procrastinate?